Monday, May 19, 2014

Scribbling a Thank You

I went looking for inspiration for a thank you card that I needed to make and found this week's Freshly Made Sketches and ColourQ challenges.



For the flower I inked up the back side of the Circle Scribble stamp in Pool Party and then spritzed it with water before stamping on Neenah Solar White. Then I stamped the scribble in Chocolate Chip and cut it out freehand.  It is popped up on dimensionals. The turquoise plaid is wash tape. I stamped So Stripey in Chocolate Chip and freehand cut the flag.  I originally stamped the sentiment directly on the card in Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder but my powder was old and chunky, glittery and I really didn't like the look. So I restamped the sentiment in gold ink and turned it into a flag.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!!




SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Circle Scribbles, Keep It Simple: Thank You (PTI), So 80's (WP9), So Stripey (Reverse Confetti)
Paper: Pool Party (SU), Neenah Solar White
Ink: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip (SU), Gold
Other: Avery Elle sequins, Baker's twine, button & dimensionals (SU), Glue Dots, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher


Edited 5/21: Yippee!! My card was chosen as one of the Freshly Made Sketches Princesses!

2 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

What a great card, so love that color combo

Jen Brum said...

Great card! Love the mix of papers and elements! Great idea to staple the sentiment on! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...