Saturday, February 23, 2013

Watercolor ?

This is the easy way to watercolor. Papertrey's new stamp set Watercolor Wonder.  I used this week's ColourQ challenge to get me started and then I was off.  Random stamping does not come easy to me. I like things organized but I think this turned out.



After stamping the background I focused on the sentiment. I die cut the word Hello from Cherry Cobbler and then stamped over it also in cherry Cobbler with PTI's new Wonderful Words: Hello stamp. I originally thought I would just layer on the die cut sentiment but the backgound was too busy for that and the word got lost so I thought to layer something behind and my daughter suggested the tag.  I think that sets if off much better.  I added a bit of seam binding to the tag that my daughter had on hand from one her projects.  It was squirted with water, scrunched and then microwaved to give it the scrunchy effect.  All in all I like how this turned out for my first try with this set :-)





Supplies:
Stamps: Watercolor Wonder, Wonderful Words: Hello (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Kraft, White (SU)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Cool Caribbean, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake (SU)
Accessories: Seam binding, dimensionals
Tools: Wonderful Words: Hello die, Tag Sale #3 Die Collection (PTI)

2 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card Deb. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, Debbie, love the tag! So happy you joined in the fun at the colourQ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...