Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's A Boy

My daughter is expecting her first child and our first grandchild.  She found out yesterday that it's a boy. As we have 2 girls my husband is really excited at the prospect of a male grandchild coming in February!  Here is the card I sent to her.



I started with this week's iSpy sketch (ISSC33).  I also wanted to use boy colors so the CR84FN63 challenge fit perfectly.  I stamped the main image on white and used markers in Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Bashful Blue to color it in.  I die cut it out with Nestability ovals. I also spritzed some Bashful Blue onto the oval thinking it might make it look a bit like an egg :-)    I found some retired SU paper called Spring Showers that had both the BB & CC so I cut out 3 strips (3/4" x 3-3/4") and then popped up on the chicken image on dimensionals. The longer blue strip is from the same DSP.  I used just a part of the stamp "So Many Sayings" for the sentiment and punched it out with the Modern Label punch then added a couple brads. This is all mounted on a piece of white that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the PTI chicken wire impression plate. That's it.  I hope my daughter and SIL like the card!  





A closer look at the chicken wire impression.





Here is the inside of the card.










The Challenges:





All Supplies by Stampin'Up unless noted:

Stamps: Best of Cluck, So Many Sayings
Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Spring Showers DSP (ret)
Ink: Black, Chocolate Chip, Markers in Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake & Bashful Blue
Accessories: Brads
Tools: Modern Label punch, chicken wire impression plate (pti), dimensionals, color spritzer tool


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...