Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Papertrey Ink Toys

I received my Papertrey order yesterday afternoon and got right down to playing with the new Happy Hexagons stamp set and the Cover Plate: Hexagon Die.   I decided to case one of Nicole's cards to get me started.

My first issue was what Cuttlebug sandwich to use.  This is my first PTI die and I really did not want to break it. After much fussing I have found the following sandwich works best with Stampin'Up card stock:

A plate
C plate
Whisper White shim
Cover plate: Hexagon Die face up
Card stock to be cut
B plate

I also think that it is helpful to have a fairly new, unwarped B plate.

I hope that is helpful!

All Supplies Stampin'Up except as noted:
Stamps: Happy Hexagons (PTI), Thoughts and Prayers
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Gable Green, Gumball Green, Cool Caribbean
Tools: Cover Plate Hexagon Die (PTI)


I need a couple of masculine cards and wanted to play some more.  I got inspiration from this card and came up with the following.


This time I stamped right onto the card stock through the cut out template but had a bit of trouble because the hexagons had not cut cleanly and I had needed to use scissors.  After stamping the initial hexagons I went back over each one with the outline hexagon stamp.  I sponged around the edge with Tim Holtz Linen Distress ink and spritzed with Early Espresso ink.  This panel is layered on Marina Mist and tied with a piece of twine.  After adhering the hexagon panel with red sticky tape, I paper pierced down the right side of the panel.  I then stamped the sentiment. sponged around the edge of that panel as well and adhered it with dimensionals.  I think it has a rustic, masculine feel to it. Thanks for stopping by!

All Supplies Stampin'Up except as noted:
Stamps: Happy Hexagons (PTI),  All Year Cheer I
Paper: Naturals Ivory,  Marina Mist, Early Espresso
Ink: Early Espresso (pad and marker), Cajun Craze, River Rock, Marina Mist
Accessories: Twine, dimensionals
Tools: Cover Plate Hexagon Die (PTI),  Nestability Rectangle Dies, Paper Piercing mat and tool, Color Spritzer, Red sticky tape



2 comments:

The Apple Crate said...

These are great! I especially love the masculine one. Fun new toys!

meemee48 said...

Thanks for these hexagon examples. It has encouraged me to give it a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...