Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Playing With New Stuff & FMS18

Christmas is over, the holiday decorations are put away and I finally have some time to play with fun, new stamping stuff. This first card is for this week's Freshly Made Sketches 18.



The base of the card is Soft Suede followed by a layer of the new Everyday Enchantment DSP. This will be available later this month as an SAB selection. It's wonderful!   I used Lucky Limeade and Poppy Parade markers to ink up the flower and then punched it out using the Lacey Ovals Nestability.  This is layered on Poppy Parade.  The bottom Vanilla piece was edged with the new Adorning Accents Edgelit from the new Occasions Mini. A strip of Soft Suede was place behind and a piece of Lucky Limeade organdy was added on top. This will also be available in the SAB catalog. The final touch was the Brights button with a piece of linen thread. 
After I glued everything down I realized that I should have embossed above the scalloped edge with the new Adorning Accents embossing folder. I guess that will be for next time.

Supplies Used:
Stamp set: Love & Sympathy
Paper: Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla, Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: Poppy Parade & Lucky Limeade markers
Accessories: Brights button, linen thread, Lucky Limeade Everyday Enchantment organdy ribbon
Tools: Adorning Accents Edgelits, Lacey Ovals Nestability, glue dots




This second card is inspired by this card by Sarah Wills. Again the base is Soft Suede. The next layer is Vanilla embossed with the Framed Tulips EF.  I stamped the new Occasions Mini Apothecary Art stamp set in Soft Suede and used Pool Party & Peach Parfait markers to color in the flowers. I'm not a big Peach Parfait fan but I think it works pretty well for the flower centers. Then I die cut the image and another piece of Soft Suede using the new Labels Collection Framelits.  The SS piece is embossed but sorry I don't remember which EF I grabbed.  I used Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment and cut it out with the Modern Label punch. It is popped up on dimensionals.  I was really excited about the rhinestones. I asked for and received a 24-pack of Sharpie markers for Christmas. With these I colored the clear rhinestone a color that I think matches Pool Party pretty well.  I was having so much fun I got a little bloop of color on the vanilla paper. Oops!  I'll be having some fun with this technique in the future :-)  Hope you like these cards. It was fun playing. Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies Used:
Stamp set: Apothecary Art, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Soft Suede & Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede, Pool Party & Peach Parfait markers, Sharpie in color to match Pool Party
Accessories: rhinestones
Tools: Labels Collection Framelits, Modern Label punch, Framed Tulips EF, dimensionals


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...