Wednesday, December 14, 2011

More Dasher & Cuttlebug Disaster

Still playing with Dasher. Today I stamped him in Early Espresso on a piece of Kraft (aka Crumb Cake) card stock and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the SU Top Note Die.  I then cut out a piece of Shimmery White with the Top Note die to go along the bottom so it's prettier than what you can see in the picture.  Cherry Cobbler seam binding is tied around and then the whole thing is up on dimensionals.



Stamps: Dasher, Season of Joy
Paper: Early Espresso, Kraft, Shimmery White
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Top Note Die, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, dimensionals

Here's a variation using Frostwood Lodge DSP instead of the Shimmery White on the bottom part of the Top Note die.



Now for the disaster. I played with a new letterpress plate that I bought on sale from SU in November.  Since I have a Cuttlebug I had to figure out the sandwich for myself as I couldn't find anything on the internet.   I think that I have finally figured out the following starting from the bottom: A plate, paper (watercolor seems to work best), letterpress plate face down, a couple pieces of card stock shim & then a B plate.  I didn't figure this all out though until after trying an A plate......C plate which squashed the first part of the letterpress plate.  I stopped right away but not in time. The plate no longer will press the beginning part of the design. OOPS!  At least I bought the plate on sale :-(


Here's another Dasher that is pretty much a case of this card. I just really liked the card so had to make my own.


Stamps: Dasher, All Holidays
Paper: Kraft, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Baker's twine, jingle bell, dimensionals

1 comment:

The Apple Crate said...

You are on a roll! I like the first and third ones best, especially that jingle bell!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...