Friday, March 4, 2011

Because I Care

I case'd this card from the March Stampin' Success magazine. I am trying to use up retired paper so I changed the colors and added some detail.


I stamped the hydrangea in black and then used a Pretty in Pink marker to color in the flower.  I used my aquapainter and Kiwi Kiss on the leaves. I tried to darken up the centers of the flowers with the aquapainter and Rose Red but I should have used watercolor paper instead of Whisper White because it kept fading away.  Oh well, live and learn. The sentiment is stamped in Sahara Sand and there is an added row of small flowers in Pretty in Pink.  I embossed the Pretty in Pink layer with Vintage Wallpaper EF and added a strip of Raspberry Tart DP over that as well as under the flower layer. The scalloped layer is some retired Rose Red prints DP. The final touch is the Rose Red button.

Stamps: Because I Care
Paper: Black, Sahara Sand, Pretty in Pink, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red
Ink: Black, Pretty in Pink marker, Rose Red Prints DP, Raspberry Tart DP, Whisper White
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper EF, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Rose Red button, linen thread, aquapainter


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Just visiting your blog after receiving a comment from you from Splitcoast. WOW! Your cards are awesome! Love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...